We all need a breath of fresh air in our daily lives. How we wish that every place we visit will have that clean air that we need. Sometimes, we may neglect the need to breathe in clean air especially if we know we do not have any existing respiratory ailment. But since dust, dander and all sorts of air pollutants can be present in the atmosphere, tomorrow may be too late to start getting rid of these particles.
In the workplace, any scenario can happen. Think of the manufacturing processes that take place within the building and you will know that airborne chemicals can easily be trapped in air and can affect your productivity in the long run. It is good to note that commercial air purifiers are available for purchase. Your checklist must include the following when buying one.
Your reasons for installing an air purifier
People purchase air purifiers for the following reasons:
- Odours like cooking smells, musty air, pet scents and smoke
- Allergens like pet dander, mould and all sorts of airborne irritants that can trigger health disorders
- Dust which is present in any type of commercial industries
- Microorganisms like virus, bacteria, dust mites, spores and fungi
- Exposure to air hazards and wildfire smoke
From the reasons you have listed above, you can purchase a particular commercial air purifier that can address these concerns.
The type of business you engage in
Often, the type of business may dictate the need to invest in a commercial air purifier. Amongst businesses that need one include:
- Nail salons or spas
- Embalming facilities
- Healthcare facilities like hospitals, dental offices and clinics
- Fire departments
- Restoration and construction facilities
- Warehouses and factories
- Welding, grinding and wood shops
- Banking industries
The purifier's air cleaning methods
There are different types of air cleaning methods embedded in a single commercial air purifier. These methods involve different technologies that is said to be appropriate for a specific pollutant or an existing problem within the facility's system. Take note that some commercial air purifiers combine two or more of these technologies thus making them a wise purchase if you are to address different types of pollutants within the workplace. Methods of air filtration that should be included in the checklist are the following:
- The use of the High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance or HEPA filter. This one makes use of a fine mesh to trap any particulate matter that travels in the air including the finest particles of dust, dander and pollen.
- The Thermodynamic Sterilizing System or TSS technology which makes use of super-heated air in order to break microorganisms that pollute the air.
- The use of carbon to destroy Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs as well as other chemicals and gases that can be inhaled by anyone. This type of method needs frequent replacement of the module depending on how often they are used.
- The ion technology which releases both positively and negatively charged ions to attract pollutants that get into the air.
The size of your space
Another important factor to include in your checklist is the indoor area. Depending on how large your workplace is you will need a commercial air purifier that can accommodate the needs of the space. Make sure that you check out the efficiency, coverage area and noise levels of air purifiers too when buying one.
Other factors to consider
After carefully looking into the considerations enumerated above, you may also consider other factors that may affect the purchase. It is either you want a portable air purifier or one that can be wall-mounted. You may also consider the colour that blends well with your space. You can get a commercial air purifier in white, black or off-white. Of course, you should also consider your budget before purchasing one.